Monday, July 24, 2017

My Personal Info


Hi all,

My name is Peggy Amat.
                                                                            
I am a teacher at IMEAO-3, which is a business school at secondary senior level. I teach English as a foreign language and ICT. Beside teaching I am also part of the management team; I'm vice principal; I take care of the finances, I help to coordinate and create school policies etc. It is a very demanding but at the same time also very rewarding job.

I attended the Sint Theresa elementary school at Moengo. Moengo is a small town located in the east of Suriname. It was very important for the export of bauxite in those years. After that I went to the Abu Hanifa secondary school, which is a secondary school located in the city of Paramaribo; because of the Interior War I had to move to the city. Then I went to college (AMS) and finally the Teachers' Training College (IOL).

At present I am doing the ICT in Education training course, I'm in the third and final year. I wanted to take a new challenge after so many years of teaching ( I have teaching experience of more than 20 years), because after so many years of teaching you tend to get stuck at one place and doing the same stuff over and over again, year after year. Not that I am complaining, but I wanted to learn new things, I wanted to learn new ways or gain new insights on teaching, on how to make lessons more interesting, how to engage students more etc. And after three years of doing the training course I can say that it has met my expectations, of course there are some issues to be resolved, but all in all I have gained lots of knowledge and insights with regard to teaching in the 21st century, using ICT tools in the classroom, gaining insights on 21st century skills like collaboration, critical thinking etc.

I hope to receive my bachelor's degree at the end of August, so wish me luck :)


No comments:

Post a Comment